Thursday, October 29, 2009

Photography School

As some of you may know I'm attending photography school. I will probably be attending this school for the rest of my life. I really enjoy learning the in's and out's of photography. I am currently taking a studio lighting class. I am mostly taking it to learn all I can about lighting. Every other week my class assignment is to bring in models to shoot. I have to meter, check my lighting and pose my models. It's not easy. I'm really liking the lighting part but not the posing. It's proven to be a challenge for me. I can't help but laugh as I type this because I was just reminded of this hilarious website. Sorry I got distracted. But this is what I think of when I think about studio portraits. They are not my favorite but I feel it's vital aspect of photography I must learn. So on to the pictures. I have to thank my close friend Jessica who let me borrow her adorable and lively daughters for the evening. They made my job that night so much easier.

These were someone else's models for the evening. We get to shoot other peoples models if time permits. It can be interesting sometimes.
Photobucket
This is Tristan and his mommy. One of my classmates cute little boy and wife.
Photobucket

Here are my models. Viviana & Tiffany . This was one of the first pictures that I took. They look nice and quiet. Huh! wait till you see the rest. They were just getting warmed up.
Photobucket
Before I go on I have to say that I HAD NO CONTROL OF THE CHEESY BACKGROUNDS that my classmates set up that night. I promise if you hire me that I will never make you take pictures with fake rocks. Unless you want me too. LOL!!! I still think Viviana and Tiffany pulled it off. They look cute no matter what cheesy set I put them on.
Photobucket

Photobucket
The girls loosened up and started having fun. At one point Tiffany was even assisting one of the other photographers. Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This is Brandon, my classmate.
Photobucket
This last set was taken without studio lighting
Photobucket

Work it! Sorry Jessica....LOL!!!!!
Photobucket

Viviana & Tiffany,
Thank you so much for being great models!!!!!

No comments: