Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thursday

I wasn't sure what to title this post. I was going in the "I love L.A." direction but then I thought that was kind of lame. (I do love L.A.) I also thought about "Freeways" but that didn't have a cool ring to it and I know that I have blog readers that are not in this country and might not know what a freeway is. =) Hi Nadia! So, I simply went with Thursday. Why? because today is Thursday and Thursday's are well on their way to becoming my favorite day of the week. (Sorry, Saturday) The reason I wanted to blog about L.A. and freeways is because as I was driving home today I realized that I was on a total of 8 different freeways. Only in Los Angeles is that possible in an 8 hour period and I was on several of those freeways 2 or 3 times. First I took the 5 North to the 2 North to the 134 west. Then in the afternoon I got on the 134 East to the 210 East to the 605 South to the 60 East got off the freeway then back on the 710 North back to the 60 West. So with that I thought I would post some pictures of Los Angeles.

cityhall

downtown1

Now on to the reason that Thursday's are becoming my favorite day of the week.....here it is....My grandmother cooks whatever I want on Thursday's. (insert cheesy smile here) She is an amazing cook and I learned everything I know from her. I hope to be half as good a cook as she is someday. This little tradition of ours started about 6 weeks ago. Thursdays are now the day that my family comes together to laugh, eat, watch spanish television and eat some more. I have to admit that I am totally spoiled by her cooking and I am loving every minute of it. Here is a picture that I took with my iPhone.

carneconpapas

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE family eating days! :D We do that too, except for the spanish tv, we watch italian telenovelas :D