Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pomona Arts Colony Photo Walk

A few weeks ago Benny and I participated in a photo walk. We had never done anything like this but there we were in the Pomona Arts Colony, walking and taking pictures along with nearly 100 other photographers. What is a photo walk? Well it's a bunch of photographers walking around with their expensive equipment taking pictures of whatever is in sight. Some of the teacher's at my school have organized a few walks already so we plan to tag along whenever possible. Before I go on and show you some pictures I have to say that street photography is really not my thing so this was a challenge for me but it was fun and I can't wait to do it again. Here are a few of my favorites
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Now here are a few of my husbands favorites
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
This is the picture that I was taking as I had my body on the ground of an alley
Photobucket
As I was on the ground I yelled out to my husband " I wish I had a fisheye lens!" a photographer that was walking by came over and handed me his 16-35L lens. It wasn't a fisheye, it was even better than a fisheye. Thanks John! So I got both of these shots with his lens.

I actually like it from this angle a little more than from the ground.
Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Renay. said...

Awesome Frances! May not be your thing but Great Job!

Anonymous said...

you know i just realized you have been including a few of my shots on your blog. thanks! except don't you think i should be the one who determines which ones are my favorites. =) j/k you are a fabulous model frannie. i love you, i love taking pictures of you. God was definately thinking about me when He created you. the pomona arts colony photo walk was cool, looking forward to the downtown la photo walk. i would definately appreciate more opportunities to photograph you. street photography may not be your thing but you worked it like you owned it. (wink)

loving you more n more,
your husband